Sunday, January 09, 2005

CHIJ St Nicholas Girls School

I got into St Nicholas! The school is so big...so big that you can get lost in it. My teacher is ok so far, but my cousin, who graduated from the school last year, claims that he's rather strict. I'm in the Music Elective Program, commonly known as MEP, though I would rather not take it. Making friends can sometimes be a problem for me, but I survive in the end - with friends. Anyway, I'd rather be back in Zhonghua Primary School. Life there sounds much more tempting than life here. Why, why did I treasure the amount of homework (albeit plenty) given to me in Primary School? In St Nichs there'll probably be much more homework.

I want to join Hockey, and maybe Track and Field. Sounds fun. NO WAY am I going to join a boring uniform group again. No can do. Unless, of course, misfortune comes my way and I get sorted into St Johns/ Girl Guides/ NPCC. ELDDS is also a little tempting, but acting has never really been my forté...

Ooh. I hate to boast, but I'm over the moon with new of my PSLE score. I received the results ages ago but forgot to post the good news...256! I am jumping with glee, literally. Well, I was jumping with glee, but I'm still overjoyed. Before the PSLE I could only dream of getting such a high score...Ok, zilch with the so called boasting.

Now, Soccer! I'm starting to like the game. Am I crazy? Ok, maybe not. I've taking a liking to reading Chinese books, provided that I can actually understand the words...Which makes my selection of Chinese books limited. Not funny.

According to my friend, an A1 (75-100) is actually hard to get. I can not believe it. In secondary school, 75 marks and above is actually HARD to get! ohjeez. What have I gotten myself into? An A2, albeit the nice ring to the word, is actually 70 to 74 marks. ohjeezohjeezohjeez. An A1 is HARD to get!

Anyway, the pain has eased. The memories have faded. Still, the sight refreshes everything. I want so badly to go visit Zhonghua Primary again, see my school...

Zhonghua Primary will ALWAYS be my school. 中华小学

Stasya