Friday, March 25, 2005

Survivor

Survivor
I proudly declare that I have never been a fan of Sylvester Sim. -ahem-
Well...I do admit that I got caught up in the Sly Charm, but my infatuation (my meager infatuation) lasted only for a day, thank you. But somehow I got "tricked" into voting for damn Sly...jeez. Forget it. I don't like Sylvester, anyway. Why he manages to turn others' knees into jelly and make girls swoon is a mystery to me. He's so ugly! Aw.
And I am stubbornly unaffected by ankle socks and low belts. Hallelujah! Praise the lord.
I am proud to say that I do not speak as much Singlish as the average Singaporean. Singlish degrades English, but I'll still respect those who speak a lot of Singlish. Of course, there are moments when I lapse into Singlish, for I am a Singaporean-bred female, after all...I grew up, am growing up and probably will continue to grow up in a mostly non-Singlish speaking family. Yeah. No offence to 24-hour speakers of Singlish - you still have my respect, or at least, what's left of my respect.
PLEASE don't think I'm a snob! That's my worst fear...giving people the impression that I'm haughty and stuck up.
So overall, I consider myself a Survivor.
I'm a survivor
I'm not gonna give up
I'm not gonna stop
I'm gonna work harder
I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin'
imaliar