Sunday, March 06, 2005

Today

I've changed my blogskin. It's really pretty. Dotty. Spotty. Yeah, so...

My blogskin is not the only thing that has changed. My friends are teasing my about liking this other guy, too.

It all started when Saranya accused me, when we were chatting on Msn Messenger, that I liked this guy. Having natural feminine instincts, I countered her and said that she liked the best friend of that guy. Anyway, the latter is irrelevant.

So, let me continue. At the "usual place" outside Saranya's house, which was also outside the best friend of that guy's house (Am I confusing you? Anyway...) that guy parked his bike next to mine (without knowing that the bike was mine, I think) and Saranya and Amanda did some real weird catcalls.

There was the usual chitchat, then we started playing soccer. Halfway through the game the guy kicked the ball; it hit my bike, which then fell over. He picked it up, which brought more strange catcalls.

When the soccer ball was accidentally kicked up onto a roof, we couldn't play anymore. So they just sat on the road and...talked. Saranya stole my spectacles and hairband, then ran over to the guys. I followed her, and she said that if I wanted my stuff back I had to circle each of the guys (three altogether). I refused. The guys also...chickened, and got up.

The usual...we ended up playing basketball, although in truth I think the guys would have preferred - very much- to play without us girls. Same with soccer. Yeah.

Then I had to go home. I went to get my bike, only to realize that my bicycle gears were loose. Problem. All because of that guy, when he indirectly kicked my bicycle wheel...I was sort of upset.

Anyway, being the kind soul - ahem- that I was, I decided to let bygones be bygones and just wheel the darn bike home. My house was very near.

I'm not sure what happened but the guy's best friend (Are you confused, again?) somehow persuaded him to help fix my bike. I was going to decline but he had already come over. More catcalls. My bike was fixed in like, what...a few seconds?

I was rather embarrassed. They probably viewed me as some brat who didn't even know how to fix her own bicycle. So, I got Amanda to teach my how to fix my bike when the gears were loose.

Give someone a fish and she'll eat for a day. Teach someone how to fish and she'll eat for a lifetime.

How true it is...