Saturday, April 16, 2005

Friday

C'etait Samedi, mais je te raconte mon Vendredi. I was really tired yesterday; thus I couldn't be bothered to blog. Ergo, (I learnt this word from Robyn.) I'm gonna tell you about my Friday - I can't possibly resist when I'm feeling so awake now!

Well, school was boring...yeah. But after school I went with most of the sec one hockey team to NYP. We split up and took three taxis there. Upon reaching NYP we had lunch. Yesterday was the eve of Joanne's birthday, so today's her birthday...anyway, we had a small celebration after having lunch.

After that was hockey. We didn't practise much, just hit the ball and practised our penalty shots. Then the sec twos and Joanne (she's the best player in the sec one team) played against the Hong Kong team.

It was quite weird. Us sec ones had expected the Hong Kong team to be Chinese, but most of them were westerners...only one or two were Chinese. Weird, huh? But anyway, the sec twos won - 3-0! Hooray.

And while the sec twos were playing, coach startled us by choosing some sec ones and a few sec twos who didn't play to play the next match against the Hong Kong team! I was picked...my first ever match. I was surprised as I didn't expect him to choose the sec ones to play against 'em. I was defender. :) I like playing defender. It's fun.

Some of my teammates were really encouraging, since they knew it was my first match ever...

I was pretty nervous. Well, that'd be an understatement. I was really nervous. After the HK team had their break, the game started. Our team started the game. I had to mark an opponent who wore black lipstick on her upper lip and no lipstick on her lower lip. Weird, but creative. She looked Chinese, but I'm not so sure. She was the right forward of the other team, if I'm not wrong...

Anyway, we had a couple of really close goals, but the opponent's defence was really strong. The first half ended in a 0-0.

Actually, I had no idea that it was the first half! I thought, after the first half was over, that the game had ended for good. Thus I went with Rita and Isabelle to buy some drinks. We spent a long time dawdling at the vending machine, chatting and watching people swim. I drank a gassy drink.

When we returned to the pitch, it was just in time for the second half - and I was pretty oblivious. Mr Ng or whoever called me and I rushed down to the pitch...Isabelle was ill, so she couldn't play. Thankfully the game hadn't started yet - the HK team was still getting ready.

I was pretty nervous, because just now I had drunk one whole can of gassy stuff. I was worried that I'd get a stitch, but anyway, I didn't. I had to mark this goth girl again. She was pretty good.

And..yep. The game still ended in a 0-0. I guess our skills were equal. It was a friendly match, as I said, so each team cheered for the other team. They 'hip-hip-hurrayed' us, and vice versa. Friendly matches are fun.

My first ever hockey match!