Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mid-Mind

Mid - Mind
Beware the ides of March.
Poor Julius Ceasar, yet how horrible he was.
Jesse McCartney rocks. I love the song "She's No You".
My rambles. Now on to the real stuff.
.X.
Someone tripped me and I fell as I was midway to my goal. Suddenly, my destination didn't seem all that easy to reach after all. I gave up, walking in a different direction, yet occasionally looking back. I don't dare to carry out the task. I'm a shy person. I don't have much confidence in myself when it comes to total strangers my age. Ever since the day Jade humiliated me in front of that stranger when she shouted out something untrue, it's all gone downhill.
.X.
I met the stranger today, twice. Stranger was cycling down the hill opposite the hill I was cycling up. To put it simply, we were cycling towards each other. I proceeded to cycle in a different direction - turned right. I didn't blush, but I did look away. Humiliation was too much to bear. Anyway, stranger cycled away too.
The second time I met stranger was when I was cycling home. Stranger was on a bike, trying to get past two small kids who were obstructing the path. I didn't realize it was Stranger till I saw the bike. I tried to keep my calm. Humiliation burns bright, but only in my mind. Stranger looked embarrassed. Looks like I wasn't the only one humiliated, but it does nothing to comfort me.
And then stranger cycled past me and headed home.
.X.
SMJ and I are acquainted by a stroke of almost paradoxical coincidence.
.X.
I have mixed thoughts.
Tiger, tiger, burning bright...