Sunday, May 07, 2006

Classics are the books that everyone celebrates but nobody reads.


The quotes that (I think) reinforce my tentative theory of time:


Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life.
William Faulkner


Time is life! I wonder if that's what he's trying to say.
Clocks slay time. Although clocks are pretty.


Sometimes I feel that life is passing me by, not slowly either, but with ropes of steam and spark-spattered wheels and a hoarse roar of power or terror. It's passing, yet I'm the one who's doing all the moving.
Martin Amis, Money


Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
Dion Boucicault


Time goes, you say? Ah no!
Alas, Time stays, we go.
Henry Austin Dobson


You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.
James Matthew Barrie


If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.
Raymond Inmon


That's it, I'm going for a walk.


www.quotegarden.com