Friday, September 30, 2005

All hail Queen Jane!


(of 1553, England. Damn Queen Mary and her Scottish King. =\ )


Due to the recent racist stuff, I read up on freedom of speech, so if you saw me in class today reading this lovely book titled "Freedom of Speech", yeah. I'm too tired to put forth my views now, so I'll do so tomorrow.


Happy Children's Day to me!


And you. And you.


And you.


All Hail LJ Fanfics.


All Hail Lady Jane Grey, rightful Queen of England, Ireland and...Scotland? Or was that France? Oh...well.


I watched that Lady Jane movie tonight, even though it came out 20 years ago and probably half of those balding old CHAUVINISTIC old men are six feet under by now. Cary Elwes, or Guilford Dudley as he is known in the movie, is Jane's husband and they are truly madly deeply absolutely unbelievably-for-people-of-an-arranged-marriage really in love. Personally I think he looks (looked, considering that in the movie he was twenty years younger than he is now) like Jesse McCartney. Hey Robyn, I can loan you the video if you like, though I don't know if you'll enjoy the historical fiction.


I am officially gonna to research on Lady Jane Grey and her husband from today onwards. You know, she got beheaded in the end just because people wanted her to be queen instead of Queen Mary? Poor girl. I don't like Queen Mary. I wonder if she's the Bloody Mary some people talk about. I think so!


Now, this is what history lessons should be about. No more boring ol' Gandhi or whatever. Even though I admire Gandhi, Asian politics and history bore me. Seriously. Seriously!


ALL HAIL QUEEN JANE, RIGHTFUL QUEEN NAMED BY KING EDWARD IN HIS WILL.


I think so, or was that just an addition they put in the movie (which was made in 1985)?


If - if if if if if - right now I said that Mr. Lee Hsien Long and our current government suck, would they throw me into a rehab home? Well, personally I think that Mr. Lee's a great prime minister - even though he restricts freedom of speech - but yeah. Just wondered.


ALL HAIL QUEEN JANE.