Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I finally created my Book Website!


http://www.freewebs.com/romanceof1820/1820.htm


You'll find that the URL corresponds slightly with my new love of Chopin. 'Romance' barely hints at a courtship, though. If you've been studying your music time periods correctly, this should be a piece of cake.


Anyway, 'Darkfall' by Isobelle Carmody is absolutely stunning. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little. Flaws go as such: her description writing was rather cliche to me, I didn't like the switch between Ember and Glynn's personalities. I'd prefer Glynn to be the absolute main character. Glynn's a she, by the way. The beginning (with the exception of the prologue) wasn't a very good hooker either. And, the story in its infancy was bad bad bad, though somehow I just read on.


Nice points: Her writing seems to improve dramatically in the later half of the story. She grips the reader by Solen's 'death', only to prove that he isn't dead in the end. I like him either way: dead or not dead. Mostly because part of me was rooting for Glynn to get together with HOMGhandsome Donard (sp?), though the other part of me was hoping that Solen wasn't dead, and they'd get back together. Hm yeah.


Wait, another bad point. She clutters up the story a lot, such that in some places there is babble-ish infodump about the history of Keltor and blah blah blah. She tries to remedy it by putting it in dialogues people speak, but it still doesn't help.


Yeah.


So the next book I'll tackle will be a huge book of Oxford Essays. Yay.


Being the hardworking me I am, I completed all my Maths homework yesterday when I was deathly sleepy (I know it's not a 'conventional' metaphor, but fcuk), and somehow I managed to get almost all my answers correct. Yes, I admit, I checked the answers at the back, but only to check.


=/


Ah, well. Chinese test Friday, Chinese spelling next week, MEP test next Monday, Hist. test next Tuesday.


I've gotta mug, fellas!


Off for Science homework. And, of course, Oxford Essays. Squee!