Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm going all anti-christ. I find myself rolling my eyes whenever anything church/religion related is mentioned.

Yup so anyway. I could die tomorrow, on the way to Takashimaya with my mum. Maybe I'll be paralysed from the neck down. Maybe I'll turn blind. Maybe I'll escape unscathed. Maybe my mum will die. Maybe we'll both die. And then we'll discover that there isn't a definite hell or heaven, just a place where souls go to when they die in real life. My dad could die right now, in the Philippines, and no one would make me my wooden wheels and no one could help me with my Maths homework. Maybe tomorrow my sister will be kidnapped and will only be returned in exchange for one mil.


I could die on my birthday?


On Christmas?


All the maybes. Stupid people will brush it off and scoff, "Won't happen lah."


How do we know for sure that it won't happen? We don't have any control of whether it'll happen or not. The most careful person could get hit by a car. The unpredictability of human nature is what makes the "won't happen lah" invalid. Even the best falter. Even the worst shape up. If everyone was constantly, never falteringly careful or careless, we'd know for sure whether he'd get hit by a car or not.


It's not paranoia when these things can really happen. It's hard not to think these thoughts when I'm living in a painfully real and self-conscious world, a.k.a reality. Life is a beast we play with.


But anyway, today was pretty funny. There was the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Hitler, Hail, Japanese flag...


Cheryl said 'Hail' to Dr. Steven Ong as a form of greeting, sending me into a fit of laughter. Surprisingly he 'hailed' her back. Usually he doesn't talk much to us, but he's a pretty nice guy, I s'pose. And then she continued with, "Greetings, earthling," and he replied, "Greetings."


hah. (:


Cheryl was like, 'hail!" As in, hail, the thing that falls from the sky. So saying 'Hail Ceasar' is actually treason. Imagine, the moment you say 'Hail Ceasar', a whole pile of hail comes tumbling down from the big above and crushes your king to bits. Die, Ceasar!


On of the nurses there (technically, she's my colleague, but I feel weird calling her that) suddenly asked Cheryl if she played any sports. Cheryl thus proceeded to list all the sports she played. And the nurse was like, "Oh, no wonder your front there so prominent."


Like, wtf? What does that have to do with sports? lmfao.


Taka is nice to roam.