Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh my god, I hate Elizabeth.


I mean, I hate Elizabeth E. Wein.


She ruined a perfectly normal book with horrible, undeveloped robot-like characters. I hate her. SRSLY!!!1 Gah. Never, ever be taken in by the things critics say about books. They said stuff like: "A gorgeously imagined and wildly exciting historical narrative!" -- Kirkus Reviews.


Well, duh. Not. The prose was fairly pretty, but the story line was hopelessly not exciting. I was like, 'oh'. She couldn't get me to care for her characters. Unoriginal. Cheesy, unprecedented romances where they SUDDENLY fall in love with each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!111


As you can see, my standards have gone a lot higher.


Pfft. Even I can do better than her where characterization is concerned. I'm not good with plots, I admit, but I can develop my characters, whereas she doesn't care a jot for hers.


Doing geog now.


I got 10/20 for my MEP test, for the second time. It's going to pull my overall term 1 grade down, but hopefully these lifesaving 100%, 90% etc. for lit will balance the entire thing. I did pretty well for my other subjects. Well, not exactly well, but good enough.


Oh, and did I mention?


I GOT 36/40 FOR THE MATHS CLASS TEST. AHAHA. I PWN YOU ALL!


-cough- I know, incredible. The first time I've got an A1 for Maths... -awe- But sadly, it's just a class test, so it's not graded. I had 37 at first, which is a far nicer number, but I had to minus one mark because Mrs. Soh marked it wrongly. Gragh.