Monday, November 21, 2005

la vache qui rit

I cycled to Tavistock park with Saranya, Amanda, Shi Hao and Sutthersan today. I've never felt more detached from them. Amanda and Shi Hao can safely be called semi-good-friends now. They exchange small talk, stuff like that. I'm sorta envious of her, you know? No qualms - just go ahead and talk to the guy.


And suddenly I feel quite bad. Paula, Robyn and I have secretly talked about how childish they are, how pitiful Shi Hao is to be stuck in between Saranya and Amanda, etc etc.


Shi Hao isn't pitiful. He actually seems to enjoy their company. Call him a henpecked dickwad but hey, the guy knows who his friends are. Even if they like him as more than a friend.


And, even if they're a little immature to a point (such that I don't really mix well with them), they know how to have fun.


Now, pardon my bluntness, but Paula considers herself too old to be playing catching and Robyn's getting more intellectual.mature.teenish by the day.


I respect that, really, but it's easy to respect something, even if you don't like that something.


But anyway. Back to Tavistock. I actually managed to find my way back home from the park! And managed to reach home before any of the others did! Whoopee! I mean, -clears throat and puts on mature voice- yay.


Nah. Okay. I'm growing apart from everyone, it seems. And suddenly I'm realizing that if my parents moved to Europe or America or Vietnam or Thailand or even China, the country I despise, I wouldn't mind. Because there's nothing left for me here in Singapore. I don't want to sound like an ingrate - I love my class, really, 1faith rules, but I wouldn't miss stnicks much if I migrated. Ditto for Zhonghua. Well, I'll miss my house a little, but yeah...


No strings attached, yeah?