Saturday, October 15, 2005

poems

freefall into oblivion,
spread your arms, shut eye - scream
clean air washes away nothing
for there is nothing in me to clean.


Gosh. I wrote this on impulse and I actually like it. I actually really truly absolutely like something I wrote on pure impulse. I rock.


okay, okay, if you're wondering where the normally humble -ahem- stacy went to, I'm back now. I just drifted off there for a while because I thought the poem was an excellent portrayal of me. ;)


Hey, Robyn - how come you changed your link thing? It now reads "Blogs I do not read". Don't you ever go blog surfing nowadays? =

I just flipped through my mum's history books. I need enlightenment on why I should study Singaporean history. It's darn boring - I'd rather study the history of England, with all its royal splendour and peasantry and stuff. And the Russian thing. I'm obsessed with my 'namesake' Anastasia Romanov.


Rancid words to clutter the air,
Obscene vulgarities uttered, exchanged.
By and by I stayed to you fair;
Yet such words I comprehend not.
Nay, I said nothing - what sayest thou?


I'm still in the Shakespearean mood, as you can see. "What sayest thou". Peter Quince, you rock.


Seize all wariness,
Push them away.
Always we stand -
Ready, united.

-

Rasp, lie yonder, the fair stream flows.
Oblong is its course, but water sparkles.
Before you with false words,
Yielded false truths, and
No more did I drink from the sparkling water.


-


She is innocent,
that fair haired lass.
Ale will do nothing to
cloud her conscience.
Yammer she will not;
old her patience is and
oyster-like protected,
In clear mind.

these
You all think you're awfully smart, so figure this out. (: