Monday, March 20, 2006

I realize that I lean too much on stereotypes.
So much for being open-minded.


I haven't rehearsed my speech yet, haven't memorized it... oh gods, I feel so unprepared and strangely ladifrickin'da.


There *were* lots of things I'd planned to say, but they seem to have vanished into the crevices of my mind. You see, it hasn't really been fully explored, so I've no idea when they've gone to.


Can't just fish 'em out.


And all the while I'm trying to lead a meaningful life so when I get old I won't have regrets and want to become young again. Because while that is quite natural for some, it's rather pathetic, and I don't want to be pathetic when I grow up.


all in all, today was slack. I felt effing tired.
rained. and when it stopped raining i went out cycling, came back, felt better.


OH I FORGOT TO MENTION
they've painted the drain railings YELLOW.
from their usual nice mellow green, it's now a stark unblending glaring eye-hurting yellow.


See?


I won't even comment on how freaking inconsiderate it is of whoever ordered construction workers or the like to paint the drain railings yellow.



HELL, it's been green for years. it was green when I was a kid playing tag with Ling Yu and Paula and Amanda and when I was at loggerheads with the guys and when I was a kid and- gods I know I'm sentimental, but YELLOW?


WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE.


First they destroyed both our playgrounds. Then they disfigured our lovely quiet field at the end of the street by putting a horrible cement path there. They also disfigured the path leading to the Colchester playground. Now they're renovating Esso, and it's going to be Caltex now, and everything's changed because now it'd be almost wrong to say 'the Esso bus stop' or 'the road beside Esso'.


They didn't even consult the residents.


I have half a mind to get a brush and green paint and re-paint all of those railings.


If this is what modernization's about, making things uglier-
well, whoever ordered the revamping of this place does not have good color coordination, nor an eye for design.


Serangoon Gardens (at least, our small corner of Serangoon Gardens) is now ugly.