Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Okay. Okay.


El Romeo.


It's all just a replay of Pyramus and Thisbe. Either way, I still love his wife.
And I wonder where her namesake has gone to.
Bartley Secondary.
Oh, yeah.
I remember seeing Juliet last year, at the sports stadium. Same Indonesian accent, still friendly, still the same. Wonder how much she's changed.


I know some have.


Like now people make references to Sook Ching. *cough*
ng to the sian to the ching! =D
Some cuss a lot more. *coughmecough*
etc.


I'm still a kid.
Don't call me young lady,
or teenager,
or young adult. That sucks.
That would suck.
That will suck.


Accent on the 'will', if you please. Just so it sounds better to the ears.


Don't confine your sights to stereotypes, 'informative' books, or past experiences.
Life gets so unpredictable sometimes.


And you'll have to compile a new record.
You know, just to record the number of things you didn't think would happen.
ahaha.


The ignorant = everyone.


Some people just do it better than the rest.


What the heck is the OC about, anyway?
I never understand that show.


I've read LOTF.
Just not LOTR.
The tiny print and huge pages scare me.
No, really.
And I've never been a fan of those quest-based fantasy stuffs.
Might as well start reading now.


Zine.


The grapevine.
That sounds pretty nice. Grapevine.


I like grapes, anyway. Green grapes.
Green tea.
Green-


HAHA I just remembered that time I got bored and mixed up all sorts of teas. In went earl grey, lemon, oolong tea, etc.


It was a horrid concoction of a mixture of... all sorts of teas.


And it looked like coke.


So I put it in a bottle, served it to Paula and Amanda.


OMFG that was mean but funny.
They didn't mind anyway.
And Paula actually liked my brew.


I should do that more often.


I've kind of memorized my English speech, but not really. Lotsa changes to be made, darlin'!


I need correction tape. I haven't had correction tape since last year.


Speech:



Cue introduction.

A man lost his entire family during the First World War. A soldier lost both legs during the second. Multiply these two scenes a million times and more, and the result is only a fraction of the worst man-made calamity ever – war.

And thus, I have a dream that there shall be no more war.

Imagine an ordinary man named Jack. Jack is a good man who leads an honest life. He does not smoke or drink, and every day he returns home by ten. One day he finds his wife with her lover, and in a fit of anger he kills the other man. Jack is thus sent to jail for life.

Imagine a soldier named John. John is a heavy drinker and weed-smoker. He is enlisted in the army during World War II. One day he catches a lost enemy soldier wandering in the jungle, and he brutally kills the man. He brings the body back to camp and is praised and commended by his superiors and fellow soldiers.

Following, if they win the war -naturally having killed thousands and thousands of enemy soldiers-, they will return home, loved and admired by all their fellow countrymen. Imagine, they murder people, and others admire them.

I’m not saying that it’s alright for a good person to commit murder. These two examples are only to highlight the injustice of war.

Not fair, not justifiable, and people seem to be perfectly fine with it – somehow, especially the government, which is supposed to be the epitome of law and order.

And thus, I have a dream that there shall be no more war.

In the early 20th century, Japan wanted control over Asia, attacking China and other countries.

Look at it this way. Tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children died because one Japanese emperor woke up one day and said, “I want more power.”

You may argue that war is justifiable in some ways. For example, Singapore was under the Japanese occupation, and thus America rescued us by attacking Japan. This effectively makes America worthy of idolization, but then we forget the number of innocent Japanese lives lost in that attack.

The Americans resorted to bloodshed and suffering to end bloodshed and suffering. Isn’t this an oxymoron? Does this make them any different from our Japanese torturers?

The ‘tooth for a tooth’ method is childish; even we know that. Even we, as school children, rarely resort to violence to sort out matters. Countries are thrown into years of turmoil merely because of the decision a few people in the government made, a decision they never even bothered to consult us –the main sufferers- on. Doesn’t this make our governments seem childish in comparison?

This whole situation, though unfair, is widely accepted, something that technically should be challenged and corrected. And thus I have a dream that there shall be no more war.

--

I hope I won't have to read it out tomorrow.
It's been cut down a lot.
Barely backed up evidence.
Oh well. As long as I sound confident, maybe I'll convince people.

Bleh.