Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is the rant I've always wanted and needed. 10.36pm now.
Tomorrow, at 8 in the morning, I'll be playing hockey.


but anyway.


DISNEY SUCKS BIGTIME YO.
I mean, the current disney movie maker company people thingies.


Lion King? Cool.
Pocahontas? Oh man, that rocked.
Cinderella? Good. :D


Lion King II?
Sad, cliche, stupid. Kiara(?) and the other lion fella (Scar's nephew, I think) were totally unbelievable characters. In the original lion king we could actually relate to the characters, and it was... err, rather touching when Simba lost his father.

The second movie totally destroys the beautifully cultivated impression the first movie made on us. Simba is totally out of character in the sequel. The romance between his daughter and Scar's nephew is unconvincing, cheesy, cliche.

This deserves less marks than my F9 for Maths. =/


Cinderella II.
Okay, this wasn't too bad. But quoting above: The second movie totally destroys the beautifully cultivated impression the first movie made on us.

Please, we've seen that unwilling-princess so many times. Chant with me: MARY SUE, MARY SUE, MARY SUE.
Bah. Other than that, I don't have much to say.
And a romance between the mice? So uncalled for.
WHY IS THERE ROMANCE EVERYWHERE?! Cut down on the fluff already.
Even I, the self-proclaimed romantic, cannot stand the total cheesiness of it all.
Where's the antagonist? Barely prominent. Cinderella herself barely shows through as a character. The sequel seems to focus mainly on the subcharacters and that sucks.

Oh. Looks like I do have stuff to say afterall.

and, omfg-


Pocahontas II.
WHAT THE EFFING HELL I-
Don't get me started on this, hon.
We all love Pocahontas as the independant beauty.
Sheesh, Disney may be omgfamous, but they need some serious help with their storylines.
AGAIN, let me emphasize:


The second movie totally destroys the beautifully cultivated impression the first movie made on us.


Yeah.


First movie, nature, acceptance, heartbreak.
Second movie. Oh god, why does Disney have to be so kind. John or whoever and Pocahontas meet up again. They decide they don't love each other that much. Pocahontas falls in love with the (much more handsome, I must admit) ambassador.


Oh, this was the most horrible of the lot.
Maybe I'm just way too sentimental.
Always sticking to old ways. Old plots.
Meh.
But still! I'm entitled to my own opinions.
And you're entitled to disagree with me.
And I'm entitled to disagree with you.
And so on.


Argument is perfectly legal.


-


Hm. You know when a man gets all passionate when making speeches etc, he is described as righteous and, well, passionate. When a women does so, she's described as bitchy and opinionated.


Just a thought. Prob'ly rather general, but some do tend to think that way.


Wait, Finding Nemo was nice, though.
But Madagascar was bad. Had a nice catchphrase thingy, though.


I like to move it move it