Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Just finished my newspaper article. I realize that I've become alot more forceful (sometimes to the brink of unreasonable) in putting forth my points. Some underlying sarcasm. In this case I'm (subtly) slamming the MPs and the government.


okay.
not so subtly.


But heck. I think I've crossed the word limit, though honestly, unless one is only elaborating on one point, how am I supposed to do a thorough reflection in 250 words?


hm. Scratch reflection.
It was more of a rant.
D'you think the teachers will tell the difference?
Maybe. I kind of like Mrs Lee.


It's confirmed, by the way. For my group's Macbeth play, I'm witch number one. I get to wear a cool hat, hawaii-esque necklaces, a long black cloak and possibly a mask. The catch - I also get to say those really cool lines like 'charmed pot', in which there is an accent on top of the 'e'. And duhly, the pronunciation will have to conform to the accent.


AHAHA.


Love.


I'm not that stressed now.
In fact, I think I deal with stress fairly well.
Somehow it all manages to vanish when I bottle it up inside of me.
I only get more stressed when I confide in others.
You know, the whole 'lykletsbitch' thing. haha, hullo Greg. (:


won't cut it for me, bitchin'.


It was a beautiful evening when I last looked out of the window. The sky was half obscured by clouds, but the other half was so clear, there'll almost certainly be stars showing. But if not, there'll still be stars tomorrow, and tomorrow, and for all the tomorrows and todays of eternity. Fret not.


today, for the first time this year, I ate fried food on fried food day.


I should try the orange bowl stall one day. But it always seems to come with a long queue.


famous stuffs.


To-morrow we're gonna vote for someone to take part in the sec2 interclass speech making competition.


hmm. Bet Eleanor'll get in. ;)
Natalie got the drama last year, and Eleanor got the conviction.


most'll vote for Eleanor anyway. Personally I can't think of anyone else who'll get in.


Well, she's got my vote. Maybe Ugenie as well. I don't know.


frankly, I wouldn't mind going up there on the stage, doing a speech for everyone. I particularly love impromptus. Scary but thrilling. and I think I'm not too bad at them.


I've kind of regained my love for public-speaking.


In primary 1, I jumped at the chance to tell a story on stage. I mean, literally. Mrs Ang was asking who wanted to join the competition, and I nearly had an aneurysm, I jumped up, raising my hand. My chair fell down in my haste to stand up.


Well, she had a couple of kids to choose from, and we all 'auditioned' but I didn't get in, Saranya did. I remember Lena (that time from 1F) burst out into giggles in the middle of her story, heh.


I continued to like speaking on stage. In p5 I did it again, in P6 I did it twice. Legs were shaking, heart pounding and racing and stuff, but loved it anyway.


In sec1 I started hating it.


And now I'm lovin' it.


well, naturally. I am my father's daughter. He's pretty successful at the toastmaster's club, won awards, stuff like that.


but he's better than me anyway, a better arguer and all.


Imagine what people would think. Quiet, supposedly studious and meek Stacy going up to the stage to give a speech.


HAHA, well, the likelier choice would be Eleanor. (: