Tuesday, March 14, 2006

try language

I searched the dictionary for 'introvert' and ended up looking for the word 'dictionary'. Absent-mindedly.


yayness.


I was thinking about how i use the word 'said' a lot more in my prose now. I used to hate it, 'tually. Like i was so preoccupied with finding replacements for the word 'said', i.e. murmur state deliver explain mumble grouse mentioned pointedout etc.


Now I love using the word 'said'. There's something enigmatic about its sheer simplicity/loneliness/suggestiveness.


And the fact that it's so versatile. Doesn't limit the dialogue to the confines of murmurs, mumbles, tones and colours. Leaves much to the imagination.


I used to dislike it, like an oversized Times New Roman font.


See the beauty, darlin'.


And it's not that I don't know what 'introvert' means, btw. Well, I had a rough idea of what it meant, like most people. But the catch: I was putting it under the stereotype of quiet, doesn't talk much, etc.


God I'm so wrong.


I used to think i was an introvert. Now I think... not really.
An introvert is basic'ly someone who dislikes being around people, doesn't like going to social gatherings.


That's not me.


I like being around people, provided that I like/am okay with being around them.
I don't like hangin' with, well, remotely immature people.
And social gatherings? Definitely my kinda thing. As long as people I know will be there, and that I like being round these people.
It's a matter of personal preference.


I realize how conceited this must make me seem. ^^;
Almost as if i don't hang out with some people because I think I'm too good for them.
It's not that. I don't think I'm, well, good or anything.
I don't hang out with them because because because I think they're too bad for me.


And that, in a default-ish kind of way, is bout the same as me thinking I'm too good for them, but the standards are lowered by alot, making the implications very different.


So there.


I hope I'm understood, umm.


Red grapes are not good.


as we try to speak each others' language