Friday, March 31, 2006

been thinking about time lately. There isn't actually any time, at least not in the way we perceive it. nature has its own marker, sunset sunrise shadows et cetera. Humans, we humans, we complicate matters by bringing statistics numbers seconds hours into this world, and thus what we call 'time' is born.


Time, you think, ticking pushing steadily inexorably FORWARD FORWARD FORWARD, and it rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls? The thing that drives forward?


That's not time, it's life. In more than one way.


but if you don't believe in life forces et cetera, there's always the alternative. We have no 'souls', there is no 'life force', there is no 'time'. In fact, nothing exists but science, technically speaking.


We are just masses of molecules going about our ordinary lives because we foolishly think that time is driving us on, on a huge stone rock etc. thing we call the Earth.


like you know, no 'life', we're machines with emotions, and death is not the loss of life force but merely the breaking down of our organs.


Yeah.


barren, coldly scientific, nothing more to it.


Time? It's just something born out of our conscience.


7 oclock could be 8 o'clock, who cares.


unfortunately, we incompetent humans have to rely on time to put our lives in order.


Seriously. I prefer sundials.


onwards, Singapore!


Loved the concert, as I said. I should go to Victoria Concert Hall more often. my mum said she used to bring me there, to watch Chinese opera or the Chinese orchestra or smth like it, and I always got fidgety towards the end.


I also have vague memories of getting extremely bored, restless and fidgety whenever my parents brought me to church.


What could one possibly expect, anyway.


I was 6 and curious and sociable and unappreciative of music and the bible.


There were times when I got bored at the snyo concert, but definitely not fidgety. (:


hm. Don't feel like doing a concert report.
Next year I shall voluntarily go to the next snyo concert.


yeah yeah Mary-Anne you've got my support. :D


History test. It was fairly easy though I'm not confident of my picture inference thing. Think I'll do pretty well for the text-based source though.


btw, I've gotten an A1 for my geog test.
Finally.
You know, always for last year, I'd always be just half a mark shy of the A1 mark. 18.5/25, for both tests.
And at long last, I've gotten the long coveted A1, 19/25.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
yeah.


well, it's just a half mark difference.


amazing what people would do just for the lovely label.


But for now, I shall remain content.


Art! I adore art class. Mr. Foo's a really nice teacher, never mind that he can be temperamental. I don't know why but writers, musicians and artists are rather fussy/hot tempered people etc.


Okay, that's just a stereotype, but Mr. Foo seems to fit in nicely.


a-nyway, ceramics today. I don't have the gift of moulding lovely stuffs with my hands, but I like to make, well, so called 'different' and irregular shapes.


By some miraculous stroke of luck, Mr. Foo seems to like irregular/err, interestingly shaped stuff as well.


and thus to-day I made my first ceramic vase/bowl.


It's sulaoshi's birthday today. The 2Faith of last year celebrated it in the canteen, after school.


Hockey. oh man, I suck I suck I suck.
I'm going for the recess training sessions.
right hand firm don't crowd use more force don't stumble over the ball or your own feet.


Yes.


big scary dangerous hockey sticks.


People seem to have the impression that those hockey sticks made of carbon/etc. are by default better than the wooden hockey sticks.


Like, wooden hockey sticks are lousy, et cetera. Hm. the material's not as good as the carbon stuff, but-


I can play better with my lovely wooden stick as compared to with those made of carbon, which are, really, a lot heavier. Except for the occasional one like Rita's. Light like nonexistent cloud.


Aside from Annice, I'm really the only one in the team who's still using the wooden stick. Almost everyone else has switched to the carbon/? stuff.


oh, well.


Let's see how long it lasts. The wood's starting to crack.
I'm not sayin'.


IN magazine, comes with The Straits Times every Monday, delivered straight to school and then to our classrooms.


I considered submitting a poem, but naah.


The magazine's getting a lot more boring these days.


and on a sidenote, lots of the poems submitted there are mediocre, or worse than mediocre. I'm not a good poet, I'm just saying. It's not hard to tell a good poem from a bad one.


all these are blatantly angsty, in which the poet foolishly creates a pathetic, pitiful situation, with weak appeal to the reader.


and yet I'm pretty sure that there will be people who'll go, "omgz lorhxx! wah lao shho chim larhz!"


Well.


hahahahaha


A-nyway, the interclass speaking competition participants selection thing?
I GUESSED CORRECT YAY eleanor got it. (:
BUT she didn't want to take part.
thus we voted again.
this time natalie got in, it was like, she got more than half of the votes.


So if she wins the competition, she'll be the winner of the sec1 storytelling competition and this speech making competition.


Sweet.


hm. Wonder if there'll be impromptu speechs.


hey Greg, moo.
and lyk, lets bitch.
SOON.
(: