Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just got home, with lots to blog about. Mainly about people. Cue disdain and admiration and all the self-contradictory stuff.


For starters, for yesterday and today I ran into Delphine about 3-4 times. Surprising, considering that since last year we've been avoiding each other like the plague (black death, ooh. and we all fall down). Well, we don't really need to avoid each other anyway, seeing as we frequent totally different places. I go to the library all the time, and i have no idea where she goes. mm, ramble.


Only proves that stnicks isn't that big a place after all.


See Wan Yin.
My primary school senior. I remember her, I actually remember her; a spectacled, petite prefect often teased for her surname. Now she's a school librarian. She scanned the book process thingy into the computer for me this recess! I don't think she recognizes me. After a while of self-debating i was all, "Wan Yin, you're from Zhonghua Primary school?"


I couldn't really hear her reply. But she nodded. And I nodded back. And that was it.


Two years older, oh, she's graduating this year. Maybe I'll talk to her.


Steven Yuwono.
To-day, just today, when I finally decided to take bus 136 after months or so, he just happened to board the same bus. Didn't see me at first, but he did when we got off at the same bus-stop. Hmm. Right across the road.


I love life sometimes.


my good spirits were however dampened by the yellow railings, on the way back home.


pfft.


I'm readin' a book titled Sophie's World. Based on philosophy. Vaguely interesting, but the author seems like he's trying to say that all things like going on the computer *cough*, what homework we have, what the latest fashion trends and gossip are, television, the olympics etc. are all pointless and the only thing worth doing is pondering the philosophy of life and wondering where the world came from.


I know, I know. Trends, gossip et cetera aren't the most important things in life. But they make up life and that's what's important.


Philosophy as a pastime? That's all fine and dandy and pretty interesting but if we did that all the time-


We need to live a little.


The author seems more concerned with what should be instead on what is. Yeah, we need to tell ourselves that everything is possible and pigs can fly, but I'd rather work on what we have first before going on to new and previously deemed impossible heights.


Other than that, everything's good. I'm looking forward to read about Socrates and Plato and Aristotle. :3


(because they're basically the only philosophers I've heard about, but pfft, I like them anyway. Go Socrates, man!)


And I've previously heard of Anaximander and Anaximenes (sp?) and Thales (who believes that water is the source of all life), but there're some other ones I'd never heard of before.


Like Heraclitus. There's another guy with the long name starting with a 'P'.


-is showing off-


Nah.


b'div finals tomorrow! I'm pretty hyped up about it. Frankly, not too anxious either, seeing as... well...


Our seniors are unbeatable.


Sort of.


But they're damn good and they even beat the all-time champion Northland, so tomorrow's match against Crescent should go fine.


But then, never underestimate your opponents.


Hooha. c'div's got lots to live up to.