Saturday, April 08, 2006

Funerals.


Mine shall not be based on religions of any sort. No, not even if I decide to turn to any particular religion later in my life. I came without a religion, I go without a religion.


Imagine:


Canvas sheet stuffs forming a shelter, my coffin put on a table lined with flowers. A podium for people to ascend and say stuff about me, good and bad. I'll make sure of that in my will. ;)
Oh, it shall be held on a field, preferably the one at the dead end of Colchester Grove.
No incense, absolutely no incense, and no candles either. As environmentally friendly as possible.


My favourite music shall be playing, as well as Edelweiss and Auld Lang Syne. Maybe a kind soul will recite a few poems for me. And no, they absolutely do not have to be poems pertaining to death and regret and the like. So restrictive. Stupid. Recite something nice, like the Tyger poem by William Blake.


I insist on flowers, and not just those flowers symbolizing death and the like. My coffin shall be lined with daffodils, dandelions, roses, orchids, the pretty weedflowers that grow outside my house, sunflowers, lilies, carnations, jasmines, a couple of twigs and sticks, leaves (dried and fresh), and grass.


No monks. No priests. Etc.


I haven't yet decided if I want to be cremated or buried.
Being buried, under the ground, deep dank soil, moist and threatening.
Cremation, I suppose.


-


My ideal vacation would be a trip to France, where I get to explore all the states, not just Paris.
And then Italy. Greece. Britain.
Let's travel our way through Europe!


-


Birthday.
oh, I don't know.