Monday, April 10, 2006

gonna shake and shimmy 'cos we're here to stay.


The enthusiasm of 16 year old school girls.
House practice, cramped, hot, sweaty, pointless, all in all.
Hockey was rather fun, I managed to get across the field, for once. Somehow managing to dodge Joanne's tackle, eheh, but that doesn't really count b'cos we were quite far apart. I lost the ball anyway. Control. Nil!


Reading Angels and Demons. What Vittoria Vetra said interested me.


"Mr. Langdon, I did not ask if you believed in what man says about God. I asked if you believed in God. When you lie out under the stars, do you sense the divine? Do you feel in your gut that you are staring up at the work of God's hand?"


I know I've read something like this somewhere else, but this just renewed my memory. There's a very very vague sense of deja vu, but let's ignore that. I like Dan Brown, or at least his extensive knowledge/intellect/literary talent. His ability of analyzing people, or at least their motives.


But for the record, I do not sense the divine when I look at the pretty stars. God and Science, yes, yes, they could possibly co-habit, I don't know.


But if God and Science do bleed into the other, then there'd be scientific evidence of what's stated in the Bible, like for example, the Flood would have caused erosion and all that stuff, left behind evidence, et cetera. I'm really not in a position to argue scientific points, considering my personal failures in Geog and Bio, but anyway.


But maybe what the Bible says isn't true. :/


Will never know. There're so many different versions of the Bible out there, so let's not be naive and rule out all possibilities.


Ceramic instruments, blarg. but for once, I shall work in peaceful harmony with my teammates. Differing views are irritating, but for a brighter future, we must be tolerant of them...


and of course, it's interesting whenever the 'opposition' comes up with a strong point. Like what Vittoria Vetra said.


From here on, by the way, I shall not be conned into doing a good deed for someone.
I'm truly selfish, but I might change my mind, maybe not. I'm just really really really irked by overly dependant people. Or rather, overly-dependant-on-me people.


I want to kill a crab and eat it. :/


Played tennis for PE.
funaroony!