Saturday, April 29, 2006

Oh, by the way, I just did a good deed.
My dog was barking in the backyard. I switched on the lights, about to let him out of his pen, when I saw what was making him bark.


A cockroach. A real big one, on its back, struggling to right itself.


I got kind of jittery. No, I am not scared of cockroachs (that is, when they're not crawling on me, like that time a couple of years back...) I just. Okay.


Anyway. I prodded it with some cardboard thing till it was the right way up, and it scampered off. And then I scampered off. I'm not the squealygirly type but things with long stringy legs, slimy looking wings, insects that can fly -gulp- and crawl on your arm are not to be trusted.


But yay, I saved its life. So far lots of the cockroach poison thing that's been put out in the backyard without my knowledge has killed at least six of the roaches.