Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh... you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
You've seen what you like
And how does it feel for one more time
You had a bad day
You had a bad day




his lyrics are the best, Daniel Powter.
A little abstract yeah, it's almost like poetry. They say there isn't any definite meaning to an abstract poem because it all depends on your intepretation of it.
Well I had a bad day. I feel bad and I feel guilty because while I'm slamming my maths homework on the table and grinding my fists into the table and feelin' like crying (yeah just because I can't understand algebraic expansion, how lame's that), there're kids out there who'd kill to go to school. And then I'm disgusted at the limp piece of fried egg on my plate, and I still feel guilty, cos there're people in the world who've never tasted an egg, don't know what an egg's like, and are starving right now.


I try to convince myself otherwise sometimes.
You know- just because there're other people out there who covet and envy what we have, doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to show emotion. Like just because there're kids out there who'd kill to go to school, doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to feel angry at our workload. Different lives, different perspectives and all - the whole one thought won't cater to the whole world thing.


and yeah, there's a point to that, but I still feel guilty.


Wonder what it's like to be in a slum yeah? Or how it's like to live in poverty. No food, no water, and heck - no proper shitting place. No bed. No computer. No books. Like it's a war-zone, minus the nuclear.


I'm horribly pampered.
Like I've never taken the MRT alone before.
I get very possessive sometimes.
I get very jealous sometimes.
I throw temper tantrums sometimes and yet get irritated when others have tantrums.
Sheesh, I'm a horrible person. For some part.
I'm not gonna degrade myself and say that I don't have a nice side.


Hell's bells.


No offence, Liu Yi.
Amanda Quick isn't the best writer where plots are concerned.
not that I can do better, but it's easy to tell bad from good.
Her characters aren't very...
Nevermind. I shall finish reading first.


Well I had a bad day.
I need a hug.