Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm using my dad's laptop. More accurately, his iBook or something which calls internet explorer Safari and other cool stuffs like that. Gosh. J'adore la keyboard. It's a bit hard to get used to it, though. No music files at all. No msn messenger. I'll be heading for Robyn's house in ten minutes, anyway.


I realize I've forgotten to blog about my MEP exam. Technically I don't need to, but we do a lot of things we don't need to do. ;)
I remember, when I still madly in love with Draco Malfoy (or at least the smirking arrogant Draco Malfoy as portrayed in fanfics, with whom Robyn was my fellow worshipper) I had this Draco Malfoy blogskin. And I made this post about guys and how they thought details were inane, and if a girl went "I completed my Maths homework!", they'd go all "yar lah, so what", or something along that line.


It's not false, you know. :/
I think that's kind of why it's mostly girls who have blogs. I've asked around a bit. Most guys say stuff like 'so wu liao lah' or 'my life's boring'. Bored people have no inner resources. hah.


But anyway, my MEP exam. Last Monday. Mrs. Tham.
I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE MORE LENIENT MR. CHER AS MY EXAMINER.
But due to 'time constraints', I got Mrs. Tham. Well, she's not that bad, even if she's strict.
So I entered the room. I sat down.
What's your name? Stacy. Shuffle of papers. Okay, /Stacy/, you can start now.
She put emphasis on my name, as if inwardly crowing, "See! I know your name! STACY. Your name's STACY. Oh wow, I'm so proud of myself."


Hm.


I messed up big time. Everything used to be perfect, my semiquaver runs, the light acciacaturas. But it was cold. My fingers stiffened. So did my nervousness. I stumbled on my hard-practised notes, inwardly cursing shitshitshitshit all the way. Especially during the semiquaver runs. Now Mrs. Tham thinks I need to go for this Hanon thing that prevents technical mistakes like that.



Second piece. Well, dang, I forgot the emotion and accented some notes too much. I interpreted it as an emotional piece in the sense that it was both sorrowful and angry. Y'know, upset and all.
But according to both Mrs. Tham and my piano teacher (I almost typed 'sorrowful teacher' here, ha), it's supposed to be touchingly sad.


Down with excessively sentimental pieces. DIE DIE DIE.


Off to Robyn's house now. Must remember to bring the candles.
yeah.