Saturday, April 08, 2006

hey, hey, hey, today was the cremation.
joo seng, mandai, temple, mandai, joo seng.
9am-5pm.


Oh, 'twas sad.


The cremation, there was a viewing hall. No, not for the actual burning itself.
It'll be hard to explain.
There was this chamber. Grooves in the floor, like a train track. The 'train', an automatic machine, had my gran's coffin resting on it. And the 'train' was slowly moving towards an open door, where the coffin was pushed into wherever the burning takes place, and then the doors shut.


So many people started crying as the coffin slowly approached the doors.
My ji-gu's voice sounded broken, cracked.
"One, two, three, bye-bye ah mah."


Even my uncles were crying. The whole room, all sobs, except the younger grandchildren -including me- who weren't really close to her.


It was scary, sad, all at the same time.
Then the entire family took a bus to the temple, after that returning to collect her remains.


I'm numbed.


and still upset, in a way that doesn't pertain to the funeral.


My uncle lent me Animal Farm. It's a really nice book.
Satires and all, turns one pensive.
Only now I'm pretty lazy.