Saturday, April 22, 2006

Liu Yi doesn't like Ms Luo!


-clobbers her with a hammer-


I mean, c'mon, Ms Luo is so effing cool. :D
She actually does extensive research for lessons, instead of just reading from the book/asking questions like -cough- other teachers did. And so what if she marks strictly. Geog still rocks yeah.


-continues clobbering-


Mmhmm. I used to think Relient K rocked, but their CD turned out to be a whole load of senseless tracks with too much drum bashing.


Monday:
MEP exam, Lit play, NAPFA 2.4.
Now that's one downright despicable Monday.


I HAVEN'T EVEN PRACTISED ALLEGRO PROPERLY YET.
AND THANKS TO MY AMATEURISH MANEUVREING OF THE PEDAL, ALL THE NOTES OF PRAYER OF THE MATADOR ARE BLENDING INTO ONE ANOTHER.


Sucks, dang.


"You know who's subhuman, man? You. You are. Going to school everyday. And back home on the bus. And do your homework. " The guy's voice was contemptuous. "Square boy. Middle-aged at fourteen, fifteen. Already caught in a routine. Wow."

A hiss and a stench of exhaust announced the arrival of the bus. Jimmy swung away from the guy.

"Go get your bus, square boy," he called. "Don't miss the bus, boy. You're missing a lot of things in the world, better not miss that bus."


Robert Cormier. The Chocolate War.


You know what?
What?
I'm gonna get into the hockey school team.
Yeah right.
I'm gonna master my tackle and be as good a defender as enru and clarice.
haha, yeah, yeah.
You just watch.
Go on, then, little square lady.
Better catch that bus.
For what? Just walk, dude, just walk.
Yeah.


Square boy.
Exactly, that's just what I've been digging at all the while.
We humans are subhuman. Boring stuff, heyyy.


When I grow up, I'm not gonna tell someone, "Yo man, I got 20.5 over 25 for my geography test in sec2 when half the class didn't do well."


Because hey, they care about the colossal, empty degrees. No one cares about the foundation, those small meaningful achievements.


The PhDs, Harvard degree, doctorate, perfect 5 points for o'levels.


I can't imagine myself as an adult.
Stacy, dressed crisply, on the way to work half an hour early so she won't get scolded by her boss. Keeping to the safe spots in case terrorists decide to nuke Singapore, cos our government's managed to piss off so many people. Fuelled, of course, by conservatives and liberals, each side's inability to behold the fact that there are sides to sides and that juxtaposition is inevitable.


Try to drive out the Hindus from India. hahah


I can't even believe my name is Stacy!


I was surrounded by hoards of romance novels in the secondhand bookshop t-oday, United Square. I used to read them by the day. I can't stand the pseudo-bliss anymore. Some spine-tingling kisses that seem so real. It's all the same thing and they won't mean anything. I admit- I'd rather have the real thing.


When I was younger I had this really warped view.
I thought citizenship was determined by religion. I know, 'tis ironic.
I thought 'real' Singaporeans were Christian. So when Ling Yu told me she was Buddhist, I automatically assumed she was from overseas. I thought all non Christians had come to Singapore from some other country.


I know, that was stupid.


And I only realized my mistake when I was in primary six.


And until last year, I didn't know we lived on the earth's surface. I thought we lived inside the earth.


Which was why I had trouble understanding the volcanoes and magma thing last year.


I KNOW I'm ignorant, gah.


Hm. The government's so concerned about citizens, want them to keep up with the times and all. Why not everyone stop learning then. If everyone's ignorant, no one is.


There are other ways to be productive. Academics is just one solution.


And we are a relatively new era in history. I bet there'll be billions and millions of years to come. We are very, very premature.


We had the dinosaurs. Then the humans. What next? Spiders shall rule the world, perhaps. And the zebras. And the dogs. And the monkeys. And the dolphins.


I wonder what future centuries will call our era. The era of modernization? The Age of Modern Corruption? The Ironically Ignorant? The Intelligently Stupid?


I want to put my name in history books.


On this day in history, Stacy Ooi Hui Quan of Singapore, South-East Asia, became the first sixteen year old female Prime Minister.